TCS Latest Interview Experience- Set 6 (KGEC-West Bengal)
In this article we are sharing the complete interview experience of TCS in Kalyani Government Engineering college,West Bengal
Company name : TCS 2014
package offered : 3.18 lac p.a
Bond details : 2 years
No.of Students placed : 129 offers (150 cleared aptitude out of 225)
First round details :
First round is verbal round. In this round some keywords are given. The question given to me was
-Verbal part- you have to write an email to Joan. Inform him that a project has been delayed. Sign the email as Margaret.
Project delayed-project leader-cholera-3 weeks-let me-if you need clarification-delay-sorry(etc)
Analytical round was bit tough.
Topics to concentrate :
3. my set had lots of reasoning questions too.
TCS doesn’t reveal their cut off. It depends upon the slot performance. In my slot cut off was bit higher than other slots.
I got questions like
1. Jake is faster than Paul. Jake and Paul each walk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 km/h and the sum of time taken by them is 14 hours. Then Jake’s speed is equal to :
(a) 7 kmph (b) 3 kmph (c) 5 kmph (d) 4 kmph
2. A & B starts from their house at 10 am at 20 kmph and 40 kmph respectively. There is a T junction on their path A turned left at 12 noon from T junction .B reaches earlier and turned right. Distance between A and B?
3. Find no of ways in which 4 particular persons a,b,c,d and 6 more persons can stand in a queue so that A always stand before B. B always stand before C, And C always stand before D.
4. 27th rank of MOTHER in dictionary.
5. The length and breadth of a field is 300x400ft, if there are 3 ants on average per square inch of field, find the number of ants in field.
6. The fourteen digits of a credit card are to be written in the boxes shown below. If the
7 X 8
Sum of every three consecutive digits is 18, then the value of X is: [Star marks question]
7. On a 26-question test, five points were deducted for each wrong answer and eight points were added for each correct answer. If all the questions were answered, how many were correct if the score was zero?
8. Mother, daughter and infant total weight is 74 kg. Mother’s weight is 46 kg more than daughter and infant’s weight. Infant’s weight is 60% less than daughter’s weight. Find daughter’s weight.
9. George and Mark can paint 720 boxes in 20 days. Mark and Harry in 24 days and Harry and George in 15 days. George works for 4 days, Mark for 8 days and Harry for 8 days. The total number of boxes painted by them is –
10. How many 6-digit even numbers can be formed from the digits 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 so that digits should not repeat and the second last digit is even?
11. A lies on mon, tues, wed and speak truths on other days, B lies on Thurs, Fri, Sat and speaks truths on other days. One day a said I lied yesterday and B said I too lied yesterday. What is the day?
12. A mother has 3 babies – Usha, Nisha and Eesha. If Usha is sleeping, Eesha is drinking milk. If Nisha is not sleeping, Eesha is not drinking. It never happens that both Usha and Nisha are sleeping. Father concludes that Usha never sleeps. Mother concludes that Nisha never sleeps. Nurse concludes that Eesha always drinks. Who has made a correct deduction? [DCRU]
A. Only Father and Mother
B. Only Father
C. Only Nurse and Mother
D. Only Nurse
13. A figure was given.. Sum of row columns are equal.. Find the sum when a,b,c,d,e,f given.. (I don’t remember the full ques).
14. Ashok, Eesha, Farookh, and Gowri ran a race. Ashok said, “I did not finish 1st or 4th “.
Eesha said, “I did not finish 4th ”. Farookh said, “I finished 1st ”. Gowri said, “I finished 4th ”. There were no ties in the competition, and exactly three of the children told the truth. Who finished 4th?
15. In a ountry 60% of the male citizen and 70% of the female citizen are eligible to vote.70% of the male citizens are eligible to vote voted and 60% of female citizens are eligible to vote voted. What fraction of the citizens voted during the election?
16. One interview question on F, G,H,K,L,M,N.. logical one.. they have to be grouped according to the given logic. Which group can be formed? Choose from options
17. Again one logical question on 1,2,3,4—.. 1 and 5 can not be paid in the same day..(choose from options)
18. One card is lost out of 52 cards. two cards are drawn randomly. They are spade. What is the probability that the lost card is also spade?
19. One question on right angled triangle. The hypotenuse of the triangle is 24 m. the triangle is rotated long hypotenuse. Something like that
20. Logical question – admission in a college. Chitra, qowri, farooq and all. Chitra is admitted, on the same day farooq is admitted. Two persons who are admitted on last day
21. A man has 7 friend among them 4 are female and 3 are male. And his wife has 7 friend among them 4 are male and 3 are female. 6 person were invited for party…what is the probability that there were 3 female ,3 male ,3 female friends of man and 3 male friends of his wife?
22. How many ways a number palte can be formed using alphabets and digits.. something like that
23. A man goes upstream in a certain place in 3 hours. Another man covers the same distance in downstream in 5 hours.. the speed of river is given.. the speed difference between them. Something like that(data is not correct)
24. You travel some distance by bus and train. Total cost is given. Bus cost and train cost is given. Distance travelled by train
25. Another probability question. One chose a number from a set of numbers. Another choose numbers from two sets of number that are in A.P. (Star question)
Books and websites used to clear first round :
solve previous year questions.. you can get some repeat questions.
Interview experiences :
Interviewer: introduce yourself
Interviewer asked some basic questions like
1.Fibonacci series code,
2.what is linked lists,
3.what is pointer,
4. usefulness of pointer.
5.what is ‘extend’ keyword, usefulness of it.
6.what is OOP.
Vocation training project and 4th year project related question are asked.
For Interview Preparation :
3. Exploring C
why do you want to join TCS. I told. but mam said she is not convinced why should they hire you. Do not panic on that moment.. they are testing your stress. I told them my good points. She again found a flaw. I again clarified. She asked difference between global IT company n MNC. then if i am relocatable or not and all these..
out of 240 students(direct+normal)150 were selected after aptitude test and at last 129 are selected after interview round.
INdiaGeeks is a one stop solution to all your engineering needs.
We are also on Android.
Latest posts by Arun Prakash (see all)
- Detection and Treatment of Career Stagnation - April 20, 2015
- Want to Crack GRE? Here are Some Tips - April 20, 2015
- 5 must-have Tech Skills for Ultimate Success in 2015 - February 11, 2015